terra20 is hiring a full-time IT Systems Administrator to support our growing retail environment. This position will be located at our retail head office which is co-located at our Pinecrest store location. If you love the idea of working for a company dedicated to offering environmentally sound and healthy products and services to its customers, please apply to learn more.
This individual contributor role will be responsible for and participate in provisioning, configuring, installing, and managing retail operations systems, storage, and Cloud services.
- Research, design, plan and coordinate infrastructure upgrades, enhancements, improvements and/or newly required service deployments
- Maintain corporate ERP system
- Evaluate network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures
- Analyze service incidents and problems, identify risks, provide recommendations, and implement solutions
- Provide guidance in the completion of health checks and performance and capacity reporting
- Take ownership of all assigned tickets and drive to resolution; researching and escalating to vendor as necessary
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
- Promptly respond to IT support requests from retail operations and corporate operations
- Interact with third party vendors/contractors if necessary
- Assist in IT project management, creating project timelines, and budgets
- Create and maintain a reporting environment using graphical query and design tools connected to multiple data sources
- Develop and document internal IT processes and procedures
- Install software and applications
- Other duties assigned.
Qualification & Requirements
- Diploma from an accredited college in an IT related discipline with 1-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Familiarity in: SQL, MS Office Suite, Tableau, POS systems, or programming is an asset
- Good knowledge of standard protocols and network fundamentals (Firewalls, Switches, Servers, etc.)
- Good communications skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Organizational and time management skills with ability to multitask
- Interest in sustainable products or business practices is an asset
How to Apply
We invite enthusiastic applicants to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com with IT Systems Administrator in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
terra20 has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you have specific ergonomic needs or require other accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact the store at 613-837-7220.