terra20 is hiring a full-time General Accountant who will manage and execute the accounting activity for our retail and corporate operations. As an ideal candidate, you are a self–motivated individual with a passion for accuracy and attention to detail, and a superior ability to bring together and analyze financial information from different parts of the organization. You will provide full cycle accounting support with precision and timeliness. This includes assisting in the completion of weekly and monthly financial reports and account reconciliations, the analysis of general ledger information, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and benefits management.
If you love the idea of working for a company dedicated to offering environmentally sound and healthy products and services to its customers, please apply to learn more.
- Preparation of financial statements, monthly and year-end
- Budget preparation and management
- Sales and margin analysis
- Bank account management and reconciliations
- Inventory reporting
- eCommerce sales reporting and reconciliations
- Invoice management
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Employee expense management
- Administers bi-weekly payroll (ADP)
- Employee benefits administration
- General HR administrative duties
- Other duties as required
Qualifications & Requirements
- +3 years experience in a general accounting role, ideally in the retail industry
- Accounting systems (Quickbooks Online), billing management systems, are second nature to you. If you haven't seen it before, you're comfortable picking it up quickly
- You have executed or significantly participated in A/P, A/R and Payroll processes (preferably experienced with ADP pay@work)
- Experience with inventory management (we use CIN7) and point of sale (we use Shopify) systems is consider an asset
- Any experience working with ezLaborManager (ADP timekeeping) is considered an asset
- CPA/CMA/CGA designation, or working towards, is considered an asset
- You are able to manage your workload to achieve deadlines
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You possess a meticulous nature, and enjoy working with spreadsheets
- You like solving problems and performing root-cause analysis
- You are comfortable in a high-energy organization
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
- It is a mandatory condition of your employment that: (i) you are vaccinated for COVID-19 with vaccines that have been approved by the Government of Canada; (ii) you have received both of your vaccines at least 14 days prior to your start date; and (iii) you receive any recommended COVID-19 related boosters which are subsequently approved and recommended by the Government of Canada. Note: If you are unable to receive COVID-19 vaccines due to medical or human rights reasons, please let us know so that we can discuss potential accommodations.
Location of Work
- You will work a combination of from your home office in the Ottawa area and at at our retail head office located at our Pinecrest Store location, 2685 Iris Street, Ottawa.
How to Apply
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
terra20 has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you have specific ergonomic needs or require other accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request arrangements.
We are a retail store that makes it easier to live a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle. Owned and operated in Ottawa, ON, we are committed to sourcing and selling brands that are innovative, bold, and fearless in their mission to change the way we treat ourselves and our plant. Brands made with passion and purpose that were born in a kitchen, basement, or garage. Our extensive vetting process ensures all – not just some - of our products are cruelty-free, non-toxic and ethically sourced. Using a list of 18 banned ingredients that we have identified as harmful to our customers’ health, each product is carefully curated. We offer everything needed to live a healthier lifestyle under one roof and we back our assortment with a team who is knowledgeable and passionate about helping our customer on their journey to a healthier lifestyle.