Pinecrest Store Location: terra20 is hiring a full-time Assistant Store Manager who has prior retail store management experience! If you love the idea of working for a company dedicated to offering environmentally sound and healthy products to its customers, please apply.
We invite you to visit us at our store at the Pinecrest Shopping Centre (IKEA Mall) anytime, you can check out the store, meet the staff, and see what we’re all about.
Role & Responsibilities
As an Assistant Store Manager you are enthusiastic about customer service, passionate about our products, and thrive in a team environment. You are an active leader on the sales floor, for both your staff and our customers. Reporting to the Store Manager, you love the idea of working for a company dedicated to environmentally sound and healthy products and services for its customers. You are inspired by the idea of creating a fun work environment where education and sales go hand-in-hand.
- Provide daily sales leadership to all Sales Associates
- Responsible for achieving store sales targets
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the store
- Assist with managing operational cost targets
- Recruit, develop and retain a team of high performing Sales Associates
- Lead and inspire Sales Associates to optimize store sales and profitability through knowledge of our product range, local market conditions and the needs of customers
- Mentor and co-ordinate training for Sales Associates
- Ensure the store is in excellent shape
- Act as an ambassador for terra20 and build a positive work environment reflecting the terra20 culture
- Actively demonstrate and educate to both employees and customers on the store floor
- Thrive on building lasting customer relationships
- Contribute to an environment of positive employee relations and employee involvement
Qualifications & Requirements
Success in this role requires excellent leadership and customer skills, along with the determination and enthusiasm to continually learn and teach others about the environmentally sustainable industry and terra20 product choices.
- Well developed retail sales skills, including training and leading retail sales teams
- A minimum of 5 years customer service experience in a retail industry
- Experience in maximizing store profitability and previous exposure to store financials including inventory control, budgets, loss prevention, cycle counts, etc.
- Experience managing cash and front end retails systems is a valued asset
- Experience in staff scheduling and employee supervision
- Excellent customer service and product knowledge capabilities
- Strong computer skills, MS Office and Point of Sales systems
- Ideally you are passionate about environmentally sustainable products and/or business practices and enjoy continuously deepening your understanding of environmentally sound and healthy products and services
- You have the ability to work retail hours including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and special events within a fast paced work environment (travel outside of the district may be required)
- Bilingualism (English and French) would be an asset
How to Apply
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Assistant Store Manager in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
terra20 has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you have specific ergonomic needs or require other accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact the store at 613-837-7220.