Founded by an industrial research chemist with degrees in polymer and organic chemistry and 10-years experience working with environmentally friendly coatings and water-based resin, Suncoat was founded by a desire to find a non-toxic water-based nail polish.
This Canadian company has the only long lasting and quick-drying water-based nail polish on the market and is patent-pending. The company has expanded their product line to include a range of natural, earth-friendly cosmetics including organic eye shadows, mascara, blush and lip shimmers.
Why We Love Them
We love that Suncoat’s nail polish is not only body safe and good for the planet, but about half of Suncoat’s nail polishes are vegan too!
The nail polishes come in a huge range of great shades, and the children’s line comes in 8 vibrant colours. Of course, Suncoat has also developed a natural nail polish remover that is acetone-free. An amazing invention from a Canadian company!
The nail polish is free of chemical solvents like acetate, which gives off an offensive odour of chemical fumes, polluting the air and which are highly flammable and explosive. Suncoat nail polish is 60%– 70% water with the remaining 30% – 40% being film-formers like acrylic copolymer.
Suncoat uses natural ingredients, natural preservatives, and renewable resources whenever possible. The company uses earth pigments for colouring, no FD&C dyes and all products are paraben-free. Never tested on animals, Suncoat registers all products with Health Canada and submits all ingredients for government review.