By Natasha Villeneuve CNP, Holistic Nutritionist
Natasha Villeneuve CNP, Holistic Nutritionist is dedicated to educating, guiding and empowering women and families toward optimal health and wellbeing. Natasha has sixteen years in the health and wellness industry and has gained a positive reputation in the community as a consultant, manager, speaker and workshop facilitator. As an honours graduate from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, Natasha has the passion, knowledge and experience to help families and individuals overcome their health challenges and fulfill their health goals. As a mother of three, she understands firsthand the challenges parents face related to the health and dietary needs of their children and strives to find natural solutions for everyone.
Chia Pudding (makes 3-4 cups)
Basic Vanilla Pudding Recipe:
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups of canned organic coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼-1/3 cup of pure maple syrup, honey or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix liquid ingredients in a bowl.
- Add chia seeds and stir.
- Refridgerate overnight or for minimum of six hours
- Stir and serve alone or with any of the additions below:
- Sliced or purred banana
- Fresh or frozen organic berries, peaches, cherries or other fruit
- Natural jam
- Seed butter
- Cocoa powder
- Granola topping
*Tip: Try blending the pudding before adding any additions if you prefer a less “gelatinous” texture.
Golden Macaroons with Chocolate Drizzle (makes 20)
- 3 cups organic shredded coconut
- 1-2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dash sea salt
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together liquid ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix dry and wet together.
- Scoop with an ice cream scoop, pack down with a spoon and slide out onto a pan.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes then transfer to a container and store in the fridge.
- Optional: Drizzle with Melted Chocolate (Melt in a double boiler: 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks and 2 tbsp coconut oil.
Tropical Pina Colada Smoothie (makes 7 cups)
- 2 cups pineapple
- ½ cup mango
- ½ cup papaya
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- 1 ripe fresh or frozen banana
- 6-8 ice cubes to chill
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Optional: 1 cup of berries or green leafy veggies
- Blend all ingredients, serve and enjoy!